Hobby | Action Hero Pose Skaven

The fancy knights of Bretonnia, and the dirtier peasants, can't be getting all the attention. After all, they weren't even the first project this year that was set in the Old World. Nope, we're back to our Skaven content. This time we've got another hero for the warband, 1 of the 2 Black Skaven that I'm allowed in the warband. 

Mordheim Black Skaven

Obviously, with a name like Black Skaven, you'd go with black fur, which is why I went with a very pale tan coat. Gotta subvert those expectations. 

Mordheim Black Skaven

Instead, I made the cowl black, and figured it was more of a rank than a name based on their fur. That's the lore I've settled on at least for my little band of misfits. 

Mordheim Black Skaven

The paint job follows a lot of the same processes that I used for the main assassin of the group. I want it all to look unified, and as a pleasant side effect, it means that I'm getting pretty good at painting Skaven if I do say so myself. 

-The Space Dinosaur

6 comments:

  1. Excellent job on your Black Skaven SD, I don't have a problem with your logic on the fur colour, and adds interest to the model as well, I'm surprised more people don't vary the colours of the fur on their Skaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I really don't like that the "official" paint scheme for Skaven seems to be bare skin, rats have so many different fur colors and patterns that can be used.

      Delete
  2. NINJA rat!! that's certainly is an action pose. nice job!
    between you and me; Skaven always look something I'd see in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comic. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking Skaven!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete