Hobby Table: Cornfield Terrain

Although the month of Spooktober has come and gone, this little terrain project was meant to be part of the same set as my Pumpkin Patch, but alas, I never got around to it in time. Tired of seeing stalks of corn sitting in a box, and knowing that it would be a quick turn around time, I decided to finish off the Cornfield. 


The base of the cornfield follows the same steps as the pumpkin patch, all the way up until you put the pumpkins in, obviously. The way the base is designed, you can use it with any crops that you want. Now, you can craft each stalk of corn individually, or you can outsource that process and save yourself some time. I went with JTT Dried Cornstalks, which you can find at a hobby store or online. 


This pack came with 24 individual corn stalks, and I didn't modify them in any way. You can get them in a variety of colors but I like the muted tone better. 


To attach them to the base, I drilled holes into the "rows", dabbed a bit of super glue, and plopped the stalk in. You want to hold it up until it dries so that the stalks stand up straight. I placed the stalks randomly, as it made the small amount of corn that I had go further, plus it makes it look more natural and less manufactured. As a final detail, I added a few dried leaves to the base as well. 


I now have a few pieces of farm terrain, so maybe I'll have to have a narrative battle for control over a plot of land, I think that would be fun. 

-The Space Dinosaur

Edit: Added picture of original product packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment