Hobby | Sneaky Stab Kill

My Eshin Skaven warband continues to grow, and this time, we have the head honcho of this whole operation: the Assassin Adept. In reality, this model is a Deathmaster from the Age of Sigmar line, but they're basically the same model.  

Skaven Deathmaster

Nothing too different from my Eshin Sorcerer from the last post, as I want the whole warband to look coherent when it's on the table together. I also incorporated a lot of the lessons I learned from the last model and applied it here. I've become a big fan of my rusted metal especially. 

Skaven Deathmaster

The stone base was fun too. Instead of the usual basecoat, wash, highlight, I basecoated multiple colors throughout the base, then highlighted twice, and only washed the recesses. I think it makes a more realistic stone look, so may be something I use going forward. Nice to experiment with these sorts of things on one off models. 

Skaven Deathmaster

For just a splash of color, I went quite bright with the poison splatters that can be found all over the weapons. I even made a caustic burn on the stone from the dripping. No idea how this little guy keeps himself safe from the poison, but hey, there's no OSHA in Mordheim. 

Skaven Deathmaster

And here he is next to his sorcerer pal. Technically, based on the Mordheim rules, he leads the warband, but who knows, maybe they're vying for leadership, as is the Skaven way. I'm sure a story will naturally build up between these two. 

Mordheim Skaven Warband

-The Space Dinosaur

6 comments:

  1. Very nice job. looks like a very dangerous and angry rodent. I wouldn't want to run into that ROUS in any setting (that's a princess bride reference, I'm sure players of Skaven get that ALL the time). 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I actually get that less often then you'd think!

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on the Assassin SD, they do look like they both want to be the boss, and all the details on the base help tell his story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Excited to see how their stories play out.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking assassin! Great basing!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It helps when it comes most of the way done haha

      Delete