Space Din-O-Pinions | Happy New Year and Goals for 2024

Here we are again, at the start of a new year. Every year, it sounds more and more futuristic, and before we know it it'll be 2050 and the promise of flying cars will finally be achieved. By that time Warhammer Fantasy will have been killed off and brought back again. One year at a time though, so let's focus on 2024 and what the Space Dino wants out of it. 


Obviously, as the above meme points out, I am quite excited for the Old World. Perhaps not as much the gaming but the new lore and some new minis. I never played WHFB, but I played lots of Total War: Warhammer and Vermintide I and II, so I look forward to working in that world. To make sure that happens, let's set some goals like I did last year

Goal #1: Paint 100 models

Last year I only got 95 models done and dusted, thanks in no part to a move in the middle of the year that put a big chunk of my collection into storage. Has that been resolved? No, not at all, but, in my wisdom I purchased enough minis last year that I didn't get around to painting that it shouldn't be an issue. 

Goal #2: Try a New Game System

I quite liked this goal from last year, so I'll look to repeat it here. I don't fully intend to play rank and flank The Old World (never say never...) but I am looking to join a Mordheim group, so that will be a new experience for me. Which brings me to goal #3.

Goal #3: Play 10 Physical Games

I do miss the socialization aspect of the hobby. Before my move I had a group that I was meeting about once a month for games, and I really enjoyed it. I'd like to get plugged into the local scene and start making some new readers friends.

Goal #4: 48 Blog Posts

Last year I aimed for about 3 posts a month, and I think I can push that to an average of about 4 posts a month, especially if I start getting my gaming on. 

Goal #5: Paint with an Airbrush

I already own an airbrush, but I only ever use it for priming. It makes sense to finally try it for actual painting. 

And of course, as a sorta bonus goal, another round of hobby bingo, once Rob Hawkins makes any updates for 2024. Until then, Happy New Year! 

-The Space Dinosaur 

6 comments:

  1. Anything more than 2 goals is a set up I feel, but then again I am naturally lazy and prone to let myself off the hook all the time. but i do sympathize with moving and trying to figure the new local scene. Your pile of shame looks like my pile of shame. weird. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I gotta set the sights high, otherwise I'll lose out on the end of year push to meet some arbitrary deadline

      Delete
  2. Good set of goals SD, and all feasible which is important when setting them ( I'm going to paint all the unpainted models I own, would be wonderful, but not realistic ! LOL) Look forward to following along with your 2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I wish I could set that goal, but I think it would be non-stop painting till the end of the year. Looking forward to seeing all your posts as well!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a reasonable list of things to do, good luck with it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete