Review | Space Dinosaur Minis 2023 and a Look Forward to 2024

All, it has been a bit since I last posted, what with the holidays and all that. Ordinarily, in years previous, this is where I would post all of the minis I painted this year. While I did in fact paint lots of minis, my current living situation makes it difficult for me to pull them from storage and set up a big table for photography. So that tradition will have to be skipped this year. I did get some last minute gaming into the mix though. 

Pirates CSG

As a Christmas gift, I found a box of Pirates of the Revolution packs, which I shared with my brothers and we played a high-octane game of blind-bags. It was a nice trip down memory lane for all of us. 

Pirates CSG

Now, I did set some goals for myself at the beginning of the year: 

Goal 1: I did indeed manage to get a hobby bingo. I didn’t quite wipe the whole board, but hey, that would have been a bit ambitious. 

Goal 2: The end of year slow down and the move hampered my mini painting a bit, so I didn’t achieve the 150 painted minis goal. I got 95 done, so I’ll try to set my sights for 100 in the next year. 

Goal 3: I did end up buying more than I bought, so the pile of shame grew more than I had hoped. But not by much, I only bought the Seraphon army box, the Leviathan launch box, and a few miscellaneous boxes here and there. So it was close. 

Goal 4: I actually managed to try a new game system. The breakout game of the year was Star Wars Armada, which got 3 games played and the lion’s share of painted miniatures. I quite enjoyed the game, and it was fun to branch out from my usual style of mini gaming. 

Goal 5: This post included, I will have published 40 blog posts this year, more than the 36 I set out to do. I trailed off a bit more than I had hoped at the end of the year, so I’d like to get more active again, both in real life and here in the blogosphere community. Apologies to all the folks whose blogs I normally frequent and comment on, that should go back to normal in the new year. 

I had a great year, albeit busy. New places and new hobbies and new people have all eaten at my hobby time, which isn’t bad, but I’m chomping a bit to get back to some normalcy with minis. I’m looking forward to the new year, blogging and commenting more, and hopefully getting plugged into some local gaming groups. I’ll see you all in 2024!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting, I really do appreciate it!

-The Space Dinosaur

5 comments:

  1. All in all a very good year on the goals SD, hope you can get back to enjoying more hobby time soon and here's to a great 2024

    ReplyDelete
  2. So 4 out of 5 goals? that's a solid win I'd say. though how'd you not hit 150 if painting all those tiny starwars fighters? doesn't each ship count as one? 😁

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HE' BACK! Haha well I consider it to be 1 base = 1 model, but if I had counted each one it probably would have hit the mark.

      Happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Ahoy Cannonfury, great to see you playing Pirates again! Love seeing those forts out there, looks like an exciting game!

    ReplyDelete