Hobby Table: Soulblight Gravelords Graveguard with Sword and Board

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today I have a unit of 10 Graveguard completed, with swords and shields. 

Soulblight Gravelords Graveguard

These guys have been sitting on square bases for a while now, like much of my Legions of Nagash... I mean Soulblight Gravelords. As such, they've been needing a rebase and I've finally managed to knock that out. It's a simple process, but it did require some touching up of paint.

Soulblight Gravelords Graveguard

Not much else to these guys other than their age is starting to show. After the building the Cursed City skeletons, I really felt like those sculpts would have served better as Grave Guard than the generic skeleton warrior. Quite frankly, I may run them that way. I do love the shields on these guys though, they have some nice detailing that's classic campy skeleton. 

Soulblight Gravelords Graveguard

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Graveguard review:


Sculpt: 5/10

Decent for the time with some nice details. The poses are all basically identical though to work with the old rank and file system, which is limiting. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

Older models tend to not have a lot of detail, and this is no exception. This makes painting a breeze. 

Final tips: Bog standard skeletons. Treat them as such. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment