Hobby Table: Bretonnian Men-at-arms

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today I've added more models to my fledgling Bretonnia army, some simple peasants to serve as men-at-arms. 

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

My plan at the beginning of the year was to not paint too many of these guys as they aren't a playable army in Age of Sigmar at the moment. But, I have found them to be a rather enjoyable break from the more serious colors of my other models. This batch was a nice riot of color and I had a blast coming up with different combinations. The last group of these that I painted had crossbows, so sadly no shields, which was the best part, especially the transfers.

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

Although these are technically peasants, and in the real medieval world would not have such an assortment of color, this is a fantasy world. As such, I went with all of the color that I wanted, not sticking to conventional color combinations. The transfers were from the old Warhammer Fantasy Bretonnian line, which you can still find floating around on ebay. 

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

The minis themselves are from Fireforge games, and are the foot sergeants, which can be built with a variety of weapons and options. They are decently priced, especially compared to GW, but do not have the full detail that GW has. I also had one GW Bretonnian man-at-arms, which acts as the "leader" for the unit. It also provides a nice comparison of scale between the two lines. 

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

From here on out, enjoy some glamor shots of the models, for my typical review, check out the original crossbowmen post, which uses the same sprues as these. 

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

Fireforge Foot Sergeants

Fireforge Foot Sergeants 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment