Hobby Table: Skink Chief on Terradon (Tiktaq'to)

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today I have a classic metal model, Tiktaq'to from the old Warhammer Fantasy days. 

Oldhammer Painted Tiktaq'to

Continuing the trend of Warhammer Fantasy models, I have finished building and painting Tiktaq'to, a skink hero from the Lizardmen faction. Firstly, I love the puns of old Lizardmen names, and secondly, in universe he would be considered dead. Since we're in the Age of Sigmar now, he doesn't exist, but with the newer battletome, a new unit was created, the Skink Chief on Terradon. So now this old model has found new life, and will lead the flyers in my army. 

Oldhammer Painted Tiktaq'to

Dealing with metal sucks though. This model broke apart fairly often, and I know, I know, go get a stronger glue. But I didn't want to run to the store to buy Gorilla Glue for one model. So I just drowned it in super glue, which seems to have done the trick. Painting was really easy, and after painting a bunch of elves, I didn't want to spend a bunch of time on detail, so I kept the scheme fairly simple. I think it flows well with the model anyhows. 

Oldhammer Painted Tiktaq'to

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Tiktaq'to review:


Sculpt: 3/10

Quite frankly, this model isn't the best. There are other, classic Lizardmen that just flat out look better. But, it's a fairly old model, so it gets a pass there. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

Older models tend to not have a lot of detail, and this is no exception. This makes painting a breeze. 

Final tips: If you have Gorilla Glue for metal models, use that. Or pinning. Dealing with metal sucks.

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment