Hobby Table: Rebasing Another 20 "Classic" Skeleton Warriors for Soulblight Gravelords

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with my thoughts on the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. With the recent release of Cursed City and the Soulblight Gravelords army/battletome, I thought it was time to rebase another unit of 20 skeleton warriors. 

Age of Sigmar Soulblight Gravelords Skeletons

Long ago, I purchased a Warhammer Fantasy Vampire Counts army that the seller was no longer interested in due to the End Times. Naturally, all of the models were on square bases. Age of Sigmar is on rounds however, so I've slowly had to work my way through the army, converting old models that no longer have rules and rebasing others to bring them up to the modern age. I've already rebased 20 other skeletons as part of a Spooktober tutorial on homemade texturing, but with the release of Soulblight Gravelords it was time for another 20. 

Age of Sigmar Soulblight Gravelords Skeleton Warriors

These are technically outdated now thanks to the new Skeleton Warriors in the style of the Cursed City skeletons, but I think they still hold up. What they really should have done was used the new skeleton warriors to replace the Grave Guard units. Those look terrible in my opinion and could have used the help. But it's what we got, and if anyone is curios how the "old" (I say old because there's an even older rendition of skeletons) and the new models stack up we have the following scale comparison. 

Age of Sigmar Soulblight Gravelords Skeleton Warriors Comparison Old and New

The new models are more armored, hence why I think they would have made better Grave Guard, but at least the height matches. The older models have more lean to them, if they were standing up straight they'd be about the same height. Makes me happy that they won't look so out of place next to each other. 
 
Usually about now for a hobby table post I'd do a mini review of the models, but seeing as these fellas are on the way out and it'll become more and more difficult to get a hold of them, I'll let it slide. 

Happy hobbying!
-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment