Gaming | Mordheim Treasure Hunt

No, the warbands weren't given a list of clues to go hunting about the city. They had to find a chest, hidden amongst the ruins, and keep the other warband from finding it. This time my Restless Dead warband was up against the Pit Fighters.  

Mordheim

The setup for this game required lots of ruined buildings (it's Mordheim, when doesn't it?) since they would be where we would search for treasure. The treasure was found if you rolled a 12 on 2d6, or if it was the last unsearched building. Buildings within 8'' of your deployment edge didn't count as searchable for our purposes. 

Mordheim

As I've mentioned, my warband is inordinately slow, so I sent my zombies and skeletons off to the right to search the lower buildings, while my heroes and the wights pushed up onto the platform. My opponent had the idea to leave the buildings on his side un-searched in the hopes that all the other buildings would come up with nothing. I knew I wouldn't be fast enough to prevent his models from absconding with the treasure, so I ignored it. Instead, I just had to kill 2 of his models before he would have to start taking break tests. 

Mordheim

Unfortunately for him (and good for me), his rolls were atrocious, even with my weapon skill 2 zombies, skeletons, and wights. Unfortunately for me, I had weapon skill 2 zombies, skeletons, and wights. So much of the battle devolved into pool noodle fights all across the battlefield. My poor liche, Vartroch (thanks to Stew for the name generator suggestion), could barely get his spells off, which required an 8 and 9 on 2d6 to go off. My necromancer got his face caved in and died, so it was starting to look bad for me. 

Mordheim

Then one of his pit fighters decided to take a diving charge right into a scrum of zombies and skeletons. And failed, ending up knocked down right next to the undead, who had just managed to dispatch the model they were fighting with. Shuffling over, they stabbed the hapless fighter in the back, and the clock was ticking. 

Mordheim

My grave guard up on the platform were finally starting to make a dent, and put down another fighter. His leader was getting scarily close to my liche, when finally, he rolled and failed a rout test. Off the board he went, and my Restless Dead would have the day.

The after action proved to be very productive for me. I had the treasure chest, which gave me lots of gold, a shield, and a sword. I captured one of his dead fighters, who I turned into a zombie and then stole all of their equipment. Sadly, the necromancer died permanently, so I had to replace him. But not too big a deal, I had plenty left over. And now I have a foothold in City Hall, which gives me a +1/-1 modified to any exploration roll I make. So quite handy for any future delving.

-The Space Dinosaur

6 comments:

  1. lol. Glad there actually was a name generator. Everything is on the internet.

    I see that you used the tried and tested strategy of ignoring the scenario objective and just kill as many as you can. Fits the undead. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet can be the best sometimes.
      Ain’t nobody got time for those objectives, there’s killing to be done haha

      Delete
  2. It sounded dire when your Necromancer went down, but a great victory in the end, does this mean you need to make a pit fighter zombie now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he ended up totally kicking the bucket so I had to replace him, but yes I do get a zombie out of it! Maybe I should do some conversions….

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good result for your undead legion, looks good too!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete