Space Din-O-Pinions | New England Escapades

Hello all, it has been a little bit since I last had a post here, and apologies for not leaving any comments on all of your blogs. I've been out on a much needed vacation, touring about the New England coast. Now that I'm back, fully refreshed, I'm ready to get back into the hobby groove, but with some new additions on the horizon. 


I basically toured from Connecticut to Maine, following along the coast and occasionally popping into the mountains. It was all very nice, albeit hotter than I was expecting. I'm something of a history nerd, which New England had in spades, especially when compared to the West Coast, which seems to have very little despite having a rich history spanning back centuries. 


A particular highlight for me was the USS Constitution, my favorite ship in history. I quite like sailing ships, to the point that I also got to do some sailing on a hundred year old schooner. Now, I know I said that I was legally not allowed to start historical wargaming (on account of the lack of children that I have), but here at Space Dino I'm not above breaking some rules. 


I've decided to dabble with Warlord Games Age of Sail game, Black Seas, which is a 1/700 scale wargame focused on the time period between 1770-1830. Why not more of my Pirates CSG? Well, I love the game, but the modeling side of that game leaves a little bit to be desired. It does seem that the scales are fairly close however, so maybe I'll have a little bit of crossover between the two, we'll see.
 
Anyhow, I'll be posting consistently as well as checking out all your blogs and leaving comments, as usual. 

-The Space Dinosaur

6 comments:

  1. glad you had a nice vacation. The east coast is full of interesting history, the west coast just has history. 😁
    Sailing ships are a LOT of fun. I have a small collection but in a smaller 1/1200 scale. The warlord 1/700 are very nice and there are tons more in the 3d printing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha what a good way of putting that! I did take a peak at some of your Age of Sail stuff, Post Captain and the like seem like fun rules that I'll have to take a look at. Any suggestions for the 3D printing?

      Delete
    2. oh, I wouldn't know as I'm in a different scale and i just get all my ships from Langton. I would just look on Etsy for 3d prints. I also don't have a printer.
      however, a blog buddy I have named Vol is the master of sailing ships and he has several 3d prints in that scale. he might be able to advice.
      https://volsminiatures.blogspot.com/
      He's not a very active blogger, kinda comes in and out, but he's very friendly and knowledgeable. You can say I sent you over as an introduction as we've been online buddies for years. 😁

      Delete
    3. Ah thank you for that, I'll give it a peruse and drop your name to see if I get some special treatment.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear you had a good vacation, and ready for more hobbying. The ships look nice, but they need a Kraken or flying Dutchmen ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! They do sell a set of sea monsters, but I have some lying around from Dreadfleet that I'm going to repurpose for this game.

      Delete