Gaming | Occupy Wall Street

The Mordheim campaign continues apace, this time pitting my wily Eshin warband vs the horrifically whimsical Cult of the Possessed. The objective for this game was Occupy, where teams had to have at least one unit in the footprint of a building with no enemy models contesting. Luckily for me, everyone survived last time, but unfortunately no one gained enough XP to have any new skills or changes to their baseline stats. So in the warband went to claim ruined buildings for what I'm sure are nefarious reasons.

Mordheim Occupy

I had never seen the Possessed in action, and I didn't really know what type of play style they had. So I played it safe and decided to be aggressive. They do say the best defense is a good offense. My opponent also decided to be aggressive, and ran straight into a swamp that was considered difficult terrain which halved his movement characteristics. Which turned out to be a rather costly tactical mistake....

Mordheim Cult of the Possessed
I took slay the gray literally 

Because it turned into a turkey shoot. My Skaven are fast and armed with slings, throwing stars, and spells which let them do a lot of poking shots. They're not high quality, but Mordheim is a numbers game, and if you roll higher than 5 3 times in a row, that model is basically dead.

Mordheim Skaven Eshin Warband

I was able to slink and scoot into the high places all around the map, while my Giant Rats ran to claim buildings all over the map. 

Mordheim Skaven Eshin Warband
Looking down from his ivory tower

The real MVP of the game was my sorcerer, whose wicked hot casting of Warpfire brought low 3 heroes in the game, bagging him a ton of XP for the next game. My Verminkin even got in on the action, taking down models with their daggers. They served their role perfectly, countercharging enemy models to protect my true heavy hitters. Two of them were knocked out of action though, so that sucked. 

Mordheim Skaven Eshin Warband
Not pictured: a lot of dead Nurgle cultists

The game ended with me owning 4 of the 5 contestable buildings on the map, and a big chunk of the enemy force out of action. The after action report ended up with one of the Verminkin biting the dust permanently, but I got lots of wyrdstone and gold to make up for it. Some of my opponents daemons were banished and a cultist died, so he'll have to replace those units. Two of his heroes ended up with decent buffs though, so getting knocked out of action isn't always bad it seems

Mordheim Skaven Eshin Warband

And here's the warband after the game as it stands. I definitely think the sorcerer deserves a name at this point, Master Blaster was suggested, but I think I can do better. Let me know in the comments if you have any good suggestions!

-The Space Dinosaur 

6 comments:

  1. Is that card terrain? surprisingly effective.
    fun to post to read as well. congrats on the win!
    When it comes to naming rats, my gut instinct is to go with types of cheese.😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! works out really well and super convenient to use
      haha that's mine too, which makes it seem too obvious

      Delete
  2. Well done on the win SD, and not easy against possessed, so very well done, as if they get into combat with you early it can be game over. Shame you lost one of your Verminkin, but with the gold and wyrdstone you should be able to replace him easily enough, and at least he hadn't levelled up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it went better than I thought it would for me, and it wasn't too expensive to get him back thankfully

      Delete
  3. Great sounding game and the terrain looms good too!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete