Hobby | Separatist C-9979 Transport

Picking up where I left off with the Arquitens from last post, the Separatists also get a custom little space ship. This is the creatively named C-9979, which first showed up in the Phantom Menace. It's primary purpose is really troop transport, but hey, there's a few ships like that in Armada, so I see no reason not to include it. 

Custom Star Wars Armada

This is another 3D print I got off of Etsy, also from theShipBuilder. A couple notes on this one. I don't know how the scaling on this one was decided, but it is large. The scale in Armada is already all over the place, so it's really not an issue, but it did surprise me. I wanted this to fit on a small ship base, but it could almost work on a medium ship base. The other thing to note that the cannons on the wings are quite fragile, I lost them while working. So just be aware of that if you want to add this to your fleet. 

Custom Star Wars Armada

Other than that, this is a super great print. The details were nice and sharp, which made a wash all the better. I went with the look of the ship in Phantom Menace, which was overall very easy to execute. 

-The Space Dinosaur

7 comments:

  1. Another excellent looking spaceship, can't say I remember it in the film though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was in the Phantom Menace Iain, when the droid army landed on Naboo

      Delete
  2. Great find SD, and certainly fills a gap in the separatist forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm glad to have gotten a hold of it, I'm on the hunt for a Lucrehulk now, I think that would round out the roster pretty well.

      Delete