Hobby Table: Murknob with Belcha-banna

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today the hero trend continues as I finished up the Murknob with Belcha-banna, from the Kruleboyz faction.

Painted Kruleboyz Murknob with Belcha-banna

This is the first hero unit I've painted for the Kruleboyz, and it largely follows the same steps I used to paint the Gutrippaz. Obviously, I put a little more work into it, notably with edge highlighting and a little bit more weathering, but all in all it was mostly the same. 

Painted Kruleboyz Murknob with Belcha-banna

One area I'm still working out are the bases. The dirt looks rather plain, and I want a swampy, more muddy vibe. I recently got a jar of Vallejo Texture Paint, so I'm hoping that will give me a more simple, consistent solution to my problem. 

Painted Kruleboyz Murknob with Belcha-banna

The armor and weapons were particularly fun to paint, as I got to use more weathering than I normally do. A lot of Agrax Earthshade, some Typhus Corrosion, Ryza Rust and Nihilak Oxide does wonders for making army look banged up and used. I also really liked painting the bright pink tongue, as this model was mostly dark colors. The golden shield face also added a lot of pop to the model. 

Painted Kruleboyz Murknob with Belcha-banna

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Murknob with Belcha-banna review:


Sculpt: 8/10

I historically haven't really liked Destruction armies, but these orcs look fantastic. I know there is some criticism that they look too much like the orcs from Lord of the Rings, but that's actually a big plus to me, as I think those look great. There's a lot of character in this model and the pose is solid. My biggest gripe is the push fit nature, as it can cause some unsightly seems when you try to put it together. 

Ease of Painting: 3/5

Not a particularly difficult model, but lots of different textures and details, that I think the faction as a whole has a lot of. This model took me about a week to paint because of this. 

Final tips: Clip the pegs that make this model push fit and just glue it together. It makes it much easier to avoid seams. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment