Hobby/Gaming Table: Seraphon Salamanders and Skirmish Continued

 The Seraphon hobby continues, this time with more fire-belching lizards. Salamanders are older sculpts, so much so that mine are metal. With a decent paint job they look all right, although I will say that they aren't my favorite. They were recently buffed to quite an extent in the newest Seraphon battletome, but as my group is playing skirmish at the moment I haven't been able to field them yet. 


I tried painting some of the skinks a little differently this time, starting with an Electric Blue base instead of the typical Crystal Blue that I do. I like it for varieties sake, although I don't think that I'll do too many this way. For the other six skinks, I didn't want to spend as much time on them since they're kinda just there (I hate painting the crew of any artillery piece, for whatever inexplicable reason), so they got less detail work.  

The salamanders themselves all got a slightly different variation based of a fiery paint scheme, utilizing lots of reds, oranges, yellows, and shades of grey. It's a nice way of getting visual interest out of a unit of same-y looking out-dated models, while still keeping a coherent look. 

I will say that the scales that run along their back are fun to paint in different hues of the same color to get a speckled look, something that you can't quite pull off with the newer Seraphon models since their scales are more uniform. 


As for skirmish, we played two more 2v2 games the other day, continuing our campaign from last time.

The first game was Seraphon/Skaven vs Sylvaneth/Slaves to Darkness. Rather odd pairs, but we rolled for teams instead of using lore justifications to make it more interesting. The Seraphon/Skaven team were able to pull out a win, getting the treasure across the edge of the map before time ran out. 

The second game was Seraphon/Slaves to Darkness vs Skaven/Sylvaneth. The Seraphon/Slaves to Darkness team got the win this time, as we defended our ritualist as they channeled a magical vortex. 

This gave me two wins in one night, letting me add two more terradons to my team (the picture may look like Ripperdactlys, but that's because I haven't painted my terradons yet...). We have one more game left in this skirmish campaign before we take the armies we built into a Path to Glory campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment