Hobby Table: Glaivewraith Stalkers and Liberators

Although I have an established paint scheme for my Nighthaunt models, it initially didn't start out that way.

In my need to have a "unique" color scheme, I went for an odd combination of purples and blues (Skeletor intensifies). I have now gone back to those first models, the Glaivewraith Stalkers, and given them a much needed update. 

 

The Nighthaunt Gloom has been toned back to green with Hexwraith Flame, while the purple hoods were re-painted with Incubi Darkness. Finally, the bone-hued faces and hands were painted with pure white. With all of this, they now match the rest of my Nighthaunt army, and I like them a lot better. I've now got 2 units of 4, or one big unit of 8, whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. 

They're not the best models in games of Age of Sigmar, but I think the sculpts look pretty good, though I am adamant that they look like ghost Skaven, and not the horses that the lore says they are. Perhaps that will find a way into my own home-brew lore one day. 


On the Stormcast side of things, the other half of the Liberator unit has finally been finished. Nothing really new here painting or technique-wise, but posting things on here gives me motivation to keep going.


I now have a unit of 10 Liberators with sword and shield, 10 with hammer and shield, and a final unit of 10 with hammer and shield waiting for their turn in the paint queue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment