Gaming Table: Skirmish and Seraphon

Although Covid-19 isn't completely through, my gaming group has decided that we are comfortable playing some games at home (not at any game stores). With the new General's Handbook releasing recently, we decided to give the Anvil of Apotheosis a try, with each of us designing a hero to use in the old Skirmish rules that GW released a ways back. 


In the above picture is my little warband after 3 campaign missions: my hero, here proxied by the blue skink, 10 skinks, 2 warriors, and a terradon rider, represented by the Ripperdactyl that I had at the moment. 

My hero is Tehenhauin from Warhammer Fantasy brought over to Age of Sigmar using the Anvil of Apotheosis from the 2020 General's Handbook. Each of the 3 players made a hero using 20 destiny points. I quite like how the rules are laid out, and I think I will be using it from here on out to make use of discontinued models or conversions. I would definitely recommend checking it out!

I would recommend giving Skirmish another try. I know that Warcry fills a similar itch, but Skirmish allowed us to get 3 games in a single night, including time to design the heroes and eat some pizza. And unlike Warcry, Skirmish essentially uses the same rules as Age of Sigmar, so no fiddling with having to learn new rules. 


Since we're planning on escalating from Skirmish into Path to Glory into full games of Age of Sigmar, I decided to do a bit of work on my Seraphon. Many are still on square bases from the Warhammer Fantasy days, or some still have their rims painted green, so I spent some time updating a bunch of bases to match the current scheme. 


This round of effort I managed to get 20 Temple Guard, 20 warriors with spears, 20 warriors with clubs, an old school Slann, and a Troglodon done. It all looks much better now, but I've had to put the basing on pause as I have to get more 32 mm bases. 


Bases aren't the only hobbying that I've done recently. Since the Seraphon have the bound endless spell mechanic. I've pushed to get the Malign Sorcery set complete. Above is my take on the Malevolent Maelstrom, and I have to say I prefer this look over the "official" paint job. Mostly just blends of Moot Green and Green Tone with some white drybrushing and a glaze of Lamentor's Yellow. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment