WIP | Reaper Miniatures, The Elder Scrolls Minis, and Dungeons & Lasers

Another month has rolled by, and more minis have made there way through the painting table. The Untamed Beasts, which I've touched on in the previous WIP post, are now well and truly complete. I'm currently working on the Paint Recipe post for them, so that should be coming out here pretty soon. Not one to be content with the minis I have though, I have gone and purchased a couple of things recently. 

Nethyrmaul the Undying

This particular bad boy is a mini that I saw on shelves a loooong time ago, in an age where the Space Dino had less funds. I regretted not getting it, and hadn't seen it since. But, I recently ran into it a mom & pop gaming store and I just had to scoop it up. It's Nethyrmaul the Undying, a Reaper Miniatures model that I believe is no longer in production. I absolutely love this model, and it puts all other zombie dragons to shame, not only in style but in sheer size. Will I paint it anytime soon? Who knows. 

Modiphius Entertainment's The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms

On another front, as if I didn't have enough games, I picked up some starter minis for Modiphius Entertainment's The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms. Long titles notwithstanding, I got interested in this game because A) I really like Skyrim and B) it was on sale thanks to Black Friday. So I decided to give it a go. I like the minis, but man are they almost unnecessarily fiddly when it comes to construction. And I've built a lot of models in my day. No idea who I'll play this game with, but it may just be a fun little painting project. 

Dungeons & Lasers III Phoenix

I've also started prepping one of the stretch goals from Dungeons & Lasers III, the phoenix. I reviewed some of the other stretch goals from that kickstarter here, but I finally got this one built, and it will serve as a Flamespyre Phoenix for my Amber Fiefdoms (elf) army in Age of Sigmar. Of course, I had to do some minor conversion work to get some elf-y details on the model, and I rather like the look of it. It now also means I've run out of room on my elf shelf (hehe), so some reorganization will have to happen at some point. 

I've also got some painting almost finished, a unit of Demigryph Knights I've saved from Ebay. That should come out sometime after the Untamed Beasts post. That's all I got for this update, get out there and get some hobby done. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment