Hobby | Knight of Shrouds (Spooktober)

Before the month completely closes out, I had to get a Spooktober post out, as is tradition. I haven't done much in the way of mini painting recently, as I've been focused on terrain, but I managed to get this one finished. In my army, this model serves as a Knight of Shrouds. In reality, this is a limited edition Bladegheist Revenant named Garkorr.

Garkorr Bladegheist Revenant
Games Workshop has a tendency to release limited edition models for Age of Sigmar that are just fancy versions of a unit. Why they do that, I don't know. Why do I need a unit of 11 Bladegheists when the minimum size is 10. So instead, I just proxy these models as heroes for my army. As I said, this guy serves as my Knight of Shrouds. It has some nice visual distinction from mounted version, but also has ties to other units so I feel like it blends in well. 

Garkorr Bladegheist Revenant

The painting follows my tried and true Nighthaunt paint scheme. As this is a character model, I focused a little bit more on the blending and highlighting, so it came out a bit smoother than normal. 

Garkorr Bladegheist Revenant

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Garkorr the Bladegheist Revenant review:


Sculpt: 9/10

Nighthaunt models always do such a good job with negative space and dynamism, but this model just takes it to another level. When you spin the model around you almost get the sense that it's spinning of its own accord to slice you. I knock a point off because of how thin the sword was. Mine is slightly bent because of it and there's not much I can do to fix that. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

This guy was really easy to paint, even with all of the blending. No reason a beginner shouldn't be able to get this one done. 

Final tips: This model will likely be difficult to find at this point, and it's not so necessary that I would recommend spending a lot of money to get it. But if you find it reasonably priced I would snap it up.

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment