WIP | Elevated Terrain Tiles and Battle Systems Terrain

This last month has been rather quiet here on the Space Dinosaur front. Ordinarily, I prefer to share my hobby stuff here once it's completely done. That works for smaller projects, but right now I'm working on some bigger things that are eating up some time. So, in the spirt of keeping my blog active, here's a sneak peek of some of the upcoming posts.

Mordheim Terrain Tiles

I've been musing for some time about what to do with all of my Dungeons & Lasers tiles. Modularity isn't everything it's cracked up to be, and unless you intend to build a whole dungeon before every game, it can kinda be a hassle. So I decided to put them together into these platforms that allow me to add some verticality into my games. My inspiration for these came from Mordheim and the boards I've seen people make. Pretty easy to build, and right now it's in the process of getting painted. Expect a tutorial of the process in the near future. 

Battle Systems Fantasy Tavern

In the same terrain vein, I recently got a hold of a cheap set of Battle Systems cardboard terrain. I've been messing around and building some of the models, and I have to say I'm having a fun time with it. These will be a nice addition to my collection, and look forward to a post showing the whole kit off. 

AI Generated cityscape

In between all of this, I've been having some fun with AI art generators. They put out some neat designs, and it can be a good source of inspiration. I'm planning to use some of these to add flavor to my narrative posts. The AI that I use is Nightcafe, and you can see some of my works here to get an idea of how to use prompts. 

All in all, the dino has kept busy, keep an eye out for some cool stuff.

-The Space Dinosaur

2 comments:

  1. Those elevated platforms look super cool. WIP posts are fine. We don’t showcase a whole army at once so I don’t know why we feel pressure to do one post per terrain items. Plus I like blogs for the reason that you can see a project developed over time.
    Good luck with all the tinkering. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I don't get it either, so I've been easing into showing some of the WIP other places and I think I'll do it more here.
    Thanks it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete