Hobby | Converted Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillors

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today I have not one, but two Knight Vexillors for the Stormcast Eternals. 

Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillor

In what is perhaps my fastest turnaround time for a project on this blog, I have painted the official Knight Vexillor model and the converted one as well. These models featured in a tutorial post over a year ago where I converted the second Vexillor from a spare Retributor body and the extra flag in the official kit. 

Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillor

A few months after I had purchased this model, GW announced the Dominion boxed set, which also contained a newer, quite frankly better looking Knight Vexillor. So now I have 3 of these guys, which is a lot of banner bearers to have in an army. At least each one has a different ability tied to it. 

Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillor

Regardless, both of the banners were a blast to paint. I kept the scheme fairly simple and in line with the colors of the rest of the army. The red adds a very nice accent color to the army as a whole. Models like these are good indicators of if you chose a good color scheme, one that fits with what you like. 

Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillor

The converted model fits in quite nicely, as it would seem that the original is based on the paladin conclave, of which the Retributor is a part of, along with Protectors, Decimators, and the new thunderstrike Annihilators. So that worked out rather well for me. 

Stormcast Eternals Knight Vexillor

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Knight Vexillor review:


Sculpt: 6/10

The old style Stormcast are quite chunky, and the new Thunderstrike Knight Vexillor is quite frankly one of my favorite Stormcast models. The banner is pretty cool and unique though, so I'll give it some points for that. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

I almost feel like I don't need to write this for Stormcast at this point, but they are all super easy to paint. The banner may give a total newbie some trouble, but nothing that would knock off a point.  

Final tips: Definitely find a way to make use of both banners, no reason not to. 

-The Space Dinosaur

2 comments:

  1. One can never have too many awesome banners. Those look amazing to me. Nice job. 😀
    Some bad ass looking dudes those knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Banners really help to add a lot of personality to an army. The knights are cool, a much bigger scale than your vikings though ;)

      Delete