Hobby Table: Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors, Winged Annoyance

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with a mini-review of the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. I've just finished up painting a 3 man unit of Prosecutors, the angelic units from way back in the early times of Age of Sigmar. 

Painted Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors

As with all of my Stormcast Eternals units, these guys were pretty easy to paint. The most annoying part of these models, as anyone who owns them can attest, is the damn wings. They are constantly latching onto each other, and prevent the unit from being coherent. Which is rather ironic given the new coherency rules in AoS 3.0. To make it worse, it makes these models super top heavy, and they were constantly toppling over while I painted them. It's even worse when you play with them in a game. 

Painted Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors

I ended up sticking some nickels to the bases, and while it helped a little bit, I might need to up it to some heavy duty washers. You have to shave off some material from the bottom, but it was worth it as it relieved the issues I was having significantly. Anyways, with that complaining out of the way, back to the models themselves. 

Painted Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors

As I mentioned earlier, these are from way back when AoS first released. There were some of these in the original starter box, which I loved and got me into the game. The Prosecutors were some of my favorite models, as I thought the wings were really unique takes on the angel concept. A few years later, and I got a 9 model batch of them off of Ebay, and these are the first 3 from the bunch. I was lucky in that they were the "full" models with all of the options, so I set them up with spears and shields. Plus the leader has a neat trident now. 

Painted Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors

Painting was a breeze, although the pale cream color took a few coats to get decent coverage. I experimented with adding white to the cream to see if it's a bit stronger, and so far it seems to have done the trick. Other than that, there's nothing particularly difficult about these models. The shields were fun, and a nice microcosm of my overall paint scheme for Stormcast, so that was neat. 

Painted Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge it based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Stormcast Eternals Prosecutors review:


Sculpt: 7/10

Like I said, I really like the take on the wings here. It's very unique and immediately lets you know these are from Age of Sigmar. It's a shame that Yndrasta from the new Dominion boxed set didn't have wings to match. Unfortunately, the rest of the model is basically a normal Stormcast foot soldier, so it loses points there. I would love to see these updated to the new Thunderstrike standard. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

All Stormcast models are ridiculously easy to paint, and these are no exception. If you can paint a Liberator, you can paint one of these. Even with the wings on, there aren't any areas that are particularly difficult to reach with a brush. 

Final tips: Put some kind of weight on the bases of these models, otherwise you'll be constantly tipping them over. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment