Hobby Table: Stormcast Eternals Retributors

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with my thoughts on the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today's post will cover Stormcast Eternals Retributors. 

Stormcast Retributors

There's not much to cover when it comes to my Stormcast painting style, as I've had several posts that can go into greater detail. Instead, I'll be taking a look at the sculpts and how I think they stack up compared to some of the other models. 

Age of Sigmar Stormcast Retributors

These are not the easy to build Retributors that came in the original Age of Sigmar Starter Set, but are instead the multi-part set that actually includes all 5 models in a unit. I got these as part of a bulk lot on Ebay, and can tell you that there's not much of a difference if you're just going to build Retributors, but you do get some bits to build the maces, and you can choose to build either Decimators or Protectors. Mine were already built so I didn't get that choice. 

Age of Sigmar Stormcast Retributor

If you don't care about variety, go for the cheaper easy to build kits. They've flooded Ebay and are easy to find, and converting the maces should be a breeze if you have a decent amount of Stormcast bits. Go for the kit if you want the other variants though, although you could try to convert them if you have the appropriate bits. 

Age of Sigmar Stormcast Retributors

Now for my overall thoughts on the models, I will judge the model based on two categories. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze.
 
My Retributors review:

Sculpt: 6/10

I think that the bulky features match the bulky weapons, and they look more imposing than the more blocky Liberators which can have a bit of a chunky feel to them. They're not particularly stand out models though. I can say that their helmets look better than the rest of the Stormcast ones though. 

Ease of Painting: 5/5

This model is as easy to paint as a Liberator, with a tad more detail but not anything that can't be handled by a beginner. 

Final tips: If you don't have the maces or don't want to convert them, simply paint one of the hammers with a different color to differentiate it from the rest. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment