Hobby Table: Stormcast Eternals Converted Lord Celestant

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I've completed recently in the Age of Sigmar hobby, along with my thoughts on the sculpts, how easy they're to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today's post will cover a converted Lord Celestant, a hero model for the Stormcast Eternals. 

Converted Lord Celestant, Stormcast Eternals, Age of Sigmar

For those who are new to converting and might want to give it a try, this is a very easy starting point that requires no cutting or green stuff to get a model with a different silhouette to the original model. The base model is a Lord Relictor, and since it came in the original starter set, finding one should be relatively easy and cheap. I had a spare from a Stormcast lot I bought on Ebay. 

The sword and helmet came from the Stardrake kit, which comes with lots of extra bits for creating Lord Celestants or Templars. I'm sure you can find what you need on bit stores on Ebay, or see if any of your buddies have left over pieces. 

All that's left is to put it all together. Construct the Lord Relictor as normal, leaving the staff, which also has his right hand connected to it, separate, as well as the head. Now take the sword, which has a right hand, and glue it to where the staff should have gone. Do the same for the helmet, gluing it where you left off the original. 

Converted Lord Celestant, Stormcast Eternals, Age of Sigmar

And that's it! It is now a Lord Celestant on foot, and it matches the profile on the warscroll of a hammer and sword. The scrolls on the back I count as the hammer cloak as well, so it works out great. Painting was easy, as I've gone for my standard Stormcast paint recipe, which I have down fairly well by now. 

Stormcast Eternals Army, Age of Sigmar

Speaking of the rest of my Stormcast Eternals, with this model complete I now have a full Detolf shelf of painted Stormcast! They look really good all together like this, and I'm proud to have gotten so far. However, there are still quite a few more Stormcast to go who couldn't fit on this shelf, so you can look forward to more popping up on this blog. 

-The Space Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment