Hobby Table: Nighthaunt and Legions of Nagash Heroes plus Terrain (Spooktober)

With only two Friday's left in October, we are approaching the finale of Spooktober. Before we can get there, I wanted to show off of a few of the miniatures that have been completed as they await a diorama photo shoot. I had a bit of time and was able to complete the finishing touches on a few Nighthaunt heroes, then I got some new brushes and excitedly spent a lot of time painting a vampire. Then I threw some hay bales into the mix to spice things up. 


First up are the Nighthaunt. I've had the purple Guardian of Souls done for a while now, but I updated the look slightly to be more in line with the rest of my ghosts. This mostly involved blending smoother purples and repainting the base. The other Guardian had been sitting half finished since I got him basically, and I knocked out those details real quick. 


The two Chainghasts essentially had the same story as the second Guardian. It feels good to finally finish off these models, makes me realize that sometimes when you quit painting something you were only a few steps from finishing. Motivation for the future. 


The Executioner was the very first Nighthaunt model I had painted, and was due for a much needed overhaul. The model was painted in my classic Nighthaunt scheme, so now he doesn't stand out with his pastel-like colors anymore. 


With the Nighthaunt out of the way for now, I started painting the Vampire Lord. However, on a family trip to Michael's, I discovered these little things: 


Which, with some quick hot glue application, became some nice hay bales to go with my pumpkin patch from earlier. 


That partially completed Vampire Lord in the above picture would eventually turn into this: 


I just recently got some new Army Painter brushes to replace my aging set from the Army Painter starter set, and boy have I missed nice brushes. So for this model, which is one of my favorite GW sculpts, I decided to push the painting. 


There are a lot of wet blends and edge highlighting to get to this point, and if there is interest I can always make a post on the intricate details. But for now, enjoy the pictures! 


The armor is my favorite, as I used Blood for the Blood God (GW) and Soulstone Red (GW) technical paints to achieve the deep red but glossy look. 


Happy hobbying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment