The Dreaded Hobby Backlog

During this global pandemic and forced work from home situation that many of us find ourselves in, I decided that it was a good time to return to this blog and get some hobby posts going. I intend for this to be consistent, but like always life will probably find a way and get me to drop off again. We'll see.

Behold! The detolf of shame. 
In the above picture can be found the majority of my miniatures, not including terrain and other WIPs. From top to bottom, we have: Stormcast Eternals, Nighthaunt, Slaves to Darkness, Greywater Fastness, Anvilgard, Seraphon, Legions of Nagash, Bretonnia, and on the floor level a smattering of Gloomspite Gitz and a full Skaven army that I'm still trying to find space for. As to the progress of armies...




In this picture is my minis catalogued by unit (anywhere from single hero model to 20 man formations) in a format for quick glances to see how I'm doing. Red is no work done, yellow is WIP, and green is complete. From time to time I'll post update picks to this spreadsheet to see how it's doing.

But my future reader, you came here for miniatures and maybe lore or something. Well then, here's some pics of what I've gotten done recently! I like to complete small forces at a time, it helps give variety to my painting palette plus it gives small goals to reach.

A decently sized terrain piece now crawling in Skaven.

Finally got this bad boy done!

Two down, one to go. 

More Skaven to go with those from earlier.

That's it for this update, hopefully see you again soon!


3 comments:

  1. Hey, nice cabinet! Is that the popular IKEA one? How did you add the extra shelves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, it's the Detolf, I followed this guide I found on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeFigures/comments/3gxmdu/detolf_mod_adding_a_shelf_and_not_using_wire/

      But in summary, you just mount two threaded rods per shelf using the L loops, and I cut some shelves from thick Acrylic panels to cut on the cost of glass.

      Hope that helps, if you need more info just let me know.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete