Details and Texturing

So I decided to clean up the upper story a bit as I decided it looked too square, so I added a top bar and some triangles to break up the appearance.

The improved upper story.
If you look closely around the door, I also cut some zip-tie strips to glue around the door, and with some dry brushing it should come out to look like grating. I've also done some scoring on the walls and edges to give the terrain a used look. The tower in the back has also gotten a few details in the form of wiring. 

Texturing!

After the detailing, I used filler to create texturing and too fill in the gaps, mostly around edges where individual foamboard pieces were glued together. Another key area was the dome, as I wanted to avoid the appearance of just having it be glued on. Using some filler the edges the sharp change was gradually converted to a sort of fillet. Next I'll have to let this dry and then get on to the base coat, which I'm thinking of using a dark brown so that the building can fit into more worlds than the Mos Eisley vibe I was thinking of originally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment