Painting Continues

After the texturing finished drying, I began layering on the base coat with a deep brown. The acrylic paint had to be watered down in order to preserve the texture, as I found that brushing it on normally tended to obscure the work I had done earlier. This took about three coats, and even though the building looked very dark with the occasional patchiness, that would be remedied with dry brushing. I also gave the interior of the hall and upper story some splotches of brown so that the next coating of grey would have some variation to it.

The base coat. 
For dry brushing, I opted to use tan with successively brighter layers by mixing in a light coral for warmth.

With highlights.
I decided to leave the top floor/roof a deeper color to provide contrast, and in some cases I drybrushed a small amount of orange to represent rust. If you look closely, there is also a door control panel to break up the color of the front a bit. I like how this looks, and I feel that it can blend into more types of environments using this color scheme. The next step is to add finishing touches and to seal the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment