Hobby Table: Skaven Bell of Doom Endless Spell

Get your brushes and clippers, and welcome to the Space Dinosaur Hobby Table, where I cover what I finished painting or building recently for Age of Sigmar, as well as my thoughts on the sculpts, how easy they are to paint, and any tips or tricks I can pass on to make your life easier. Today's bonus post will quickly cover the Bell of Doom, one of the 3 Skaven Endless Spells. 

Age of Sigmar Skaven Bell of Doom

As with most Endless Spells, the Bell of Doom was really easy to paint. The bell itself was a simple base coat of Brass Scorpion (GW) with a Nuln Oil (GW) wash and successive drybrushes of silver. The spell effect was Moot Green (GW), washed with Green Tone (AP) and drybrushing with lighter colors added to the Moot Green. Easy.

Now for the scoring. Firstly, the sculpt itself will be scored on a scale of 0 to 10, with 5 being average, 0 horrendous, and 10 a marvel. For a reference point, I consider the Stormcast Liberator to be a 5, neither great nor bad. Just a passable, average model. Then I will score on Ease of Painting, between 1 and 5, 1 being a slog to paint and 5 being a breeze. 

My final assessment of this kit stands thus:

Sculpts: 5/10
Ease of Painting: 5/5
Final tips: Paint the bell before the spell effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment