Hobby Table: Freeguild, Endless Spells, and More

This has been a productive week so far, seeing several units painted to completion.



The Freeguild group above consists of a General with banner, 10 Guard with Halberds, and 1 with a sword who managed to sneak in to the painting pile. They bear the uniform of my own Free City (or country I guess) of Heldenmarch. The pants are just a standard Army Painter black drybrushed with grey, the shirts are Citadel Flash Gitz yellow washed with Casandora Yellow. Metallics are Plate Metal Silver from Army Painter, and the red is Dragon Red, also from the Army Painter line. This took me a bit for all the other small details on each model, so from here I moved onto some quick little projects...





The Emerald Lifeswarm was a breeze to paint. The base was Shining Silver and after that technical paints of Waystone Green and Spiritstone Red to give very vibrant shiny colors. A final wash helped bring the brightness down and deepen the details. Finally, it was based to match my Seraphon forces due to the jungle them they have going on. 


The Burning Head was another simple paint job. Flames were based with Averland Sunset, then successively drybrushed with Flash Gitz Yellow, Dragon Red, and Black near the flame tips. The skull was based with Skeleton Brown, washed with Agrax Earthshade and the deepest recesses painted with black. It was then based to match my Anvilgard forces since I liked the read earthy look and thought that it matched best. 


The next endless spell was the Arachnocauldron for the Gloomspite Gitz. Again, super easy with a metallic black paint for the metal, brass for the metallic details, and Dragon red for the legs washed with Agrax Earthshade. The smoke was based in Ash Grey and drybrushed with white, then glazed with a mix of Moot Green and Lahmian Medium. A final glaze of Lamentor Yellow really helped the smoke to pop, and then based to match the rest of my gobbos. 


Now for a look at a more long term project. I have two stardrakes, one which was built the standard way, and now this one. I'm not the biggest fan of the derpy leg pose on the base model, so I decided to covert the drake into a wyvern. The process is slow growing since this is my first time doing such extensive green stuff sculpting, but I'm liking how it's going so far.


Oh and these guys are all now properly based on rounds!

More yellow and green - looking better!



No comments:

Post a Comment